Saturday, June 7, 2014

DIY Cake Plate

I have been on the hunt for the perfect cake plate, but they are either too plain or too expensive.


I got the idea of making my own cake plate.


The plan was set to action when I happened upon the perfect base for it at Hobby Lobby. It was a candle holder... Now all I needed was a plate.

I also found these found plates at Hobby Lobby and these and they were only $2.
  

 The only tools I needed to complete the project were a can of spray paint and a hot glue gun.
The bottom of the plate was black, so I sprayed it gold.
Then hot glued the candle holder to the plate.
Voila! My own gold and green cake plate.
It looks even better with a cake on it!
It even looks great with a cake dome.




Linked up to Not Just a Housewife

Linked up to The Turquoise Home

Linked up to It's Always Ruetten

No comments:

Post a Comment