Monday, June 30, 2014

Lace Frame Accessory Holder

I love to use accessories for my hair because I hate it in my face, so you will usually find me with a headband or clip in my hair. I was using a shelf divider and a couple of shoe boxes to currently house these items. The organization of these accessories has become unruly in my closet. 



It is so messy and makes finding anything a chore. I needed a new solution, so I came up with a plan...



 ...a Lace Frame Accessory Holder. I was inspired by this. This allows me to easily see everything and to have a pretty display that I can choose from.



 I started with this open frame that was on sale at Hobby Lobby.


Supplies for this project:

 

- open frame
- staple gun and staples
- various lace (I used a yard of emerald lace I already had and bought some stretchy ivory lace ribbon)
- scissors
- needle and thread



 First I cut three pieces of the ivory lace ribbon.



  

Then I stapled the first piece to the back of the frame.




 

 Then I stapled the other two pieces.



 Here you can see the detail of the double row staples, so I could make sure it wouldn't break when that piece was streached.



 Next, I cut down a piece of the emerald lace.



Then, I attached a lace panel to the back with more nail gun action.



After I stapled all four sides, I trimmed off the excess.



Here you can see the detail of the staples on the back.



I wanted to make the three lace ribbon on the front more secure, so I hand sewed areas so that the lace ribbon could stay in place and not sag due to the weight of the items I place on it.



I stitched the first ivory lace ribbon to the emerald lace panel.



Then I stitched the other two ribbon.




Now the fun part was going through my collection and picking a spot for each accessory.  It really also allowed me to clean out stuff that I don't need anymore.






I added hangers to the back and mounted it on the wall in my closet.


 

It fits perfectly.



Voila! All my pretty hair things displayed!









Linked up to I Heart Organizing

Linked up to The Turquoise Home

Linked up to Not Just A Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment