Thursday, January 30, 2014

Collage Wall

A project I recently completed was finishing a collage wall in our entryway.




A lot of people hanging collages lay everything out and precisely measure and nail everything in an exact location... I just eyeballed it and nailed away.



Here is the before photo for comparison.

 

First I laid everything out on the ground to consider the best arrangement of all the pieces.



 Then I started from the top with the first piece, which was a gift from my mother-in-law a few years ago.



 Next, I added the larger fame that I haven't put the artwork in.



 Then I added the ampersand that I recently got on sale at Hobby Lobby.



Next, I added two small frames with family photos to balance out the collage.



Then, I put a floor plan by A. Hayes Town in the large frame. For now it is just a placeholder. Eventually I plan to make some artwork with our home's floor plan, this will also give more color to the collage.



The final collage on the entryway wall is complete for now, but there is some room to add things in the future!





Linked up to The Turquoise Home

Linked up to Not Just A Housewife

Linked up to Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment