Friday, November 15, 2013

Fall Mantle

After Halloween was over and with Thanksgiving on the way, I wanted to reuse our pumpkins and make a colorful fall mantle.
 
 
The color palate I used was orange, yellow, cream, silver and bronze with a hint of light blue.
 
 
I made a simple cream, bronze, and yellow bunting from some left over fabric and burlap scraps to hang from the mantle.
 

The pumpkins transitioned perfectly from outside the front door to the mantle. They were a perfect size variation.
 
 
I made some simple pinecone garland with some strips of burlap and spray painting a couple of pinecones and I hung it from a fleur de lis stocking hanger. I also spray painted a small pumpkin yellow to transition into the new theme.
 
 
 I picked up a light blue mircury mirrored vase at Hobby Lobby and put a few dried calla lilies in it paired with a bronze frame with a photo of Mr. Engineer years ago at a Thanksgiving dinner and then surrounded it with pumpkins.
 

The other side of the mantle was just as festive.


I also spray painted a cigar box yellow to give my vase some height. I arranged the vase with sticks and even spray painted a couple of them silver and yellow to go with the color scheme. I put a light blue ceramic frame I got from Steinmart and added a few pumpkins next to it.



I put a few vintage books and on top I put a hand made ceramic bowl that Mr. Engineer made in his youth paired with a multicolored pumpkin.


 
I think it came out great! Happy Fall Y'all and have a great Thanksgiving!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment