Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lent and Easter 2014 Recap


I can't believe the Lenten season is already over, Easter has passed, and spring is in full swing. I wanted to share what we were up to Easter weekend:



We have our Lenten wreath that I had made last year hanging on the door.



Our mantle was decorated for both Lent and Easter.



The color purple is important during Lent.





The flowers and eggs symbolize new life.



The "He is Risen" wooden egg next to the mossy cross celebrates Jesus' resurrection on Easter Sunday.




I decorated the other side more colorfully with all the Easter pastels.




I made the egg topiaries last year.



I just love my little mossy bunny and little chick.



After being out of town and on the road the last month, it was nice to be home for Easter weekend.

  

 We spent most of the time outside doing yard work and lots of progress on the courtyard.



It has come a long way since we bought the house over two years ago...



...and it has looked barren all winter.



It is a lot more cheerful now with this little budget friendly Easter weekend project.



A ceramic pot was given to us and the other three are plastic pots and were bought at the Family Dollar. We planted them with pretty flowers and even some peppers. Jolie approves!




The floral pillow and the candle holder were also bought at the Family Dollar. The stripped pillow is from Bed Bath and Beyond; and of course I used my 20% off coupon to buy it!




 My angel got a little boost with a cute flower pot pedestal from Hobby Lobby.




The Before and After photos really show the progress!


 On Sunday, the Easter bunny brought treats for the girls and Mr. Engineer, and then we celebrated the rest of the day with family and friends.

I hope y'all had a blessed Easter!






Linked up on The Turquoise Home

Linked up on Not Just A Housewife

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, that courtyard is some before and after! i love that you can now actually utilize this space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is much nicer to look out the window at a more a colorful space!

      Delete